Wednesday, January 8, 2014

You Heard It All Before

I heard you found out things didn’t work as you thought;
That all you’d been preaching was breath wasted for naught.
I saw somewhere where you caught what was given
Same knowledge I threw, same words..you didn’t listen
They tell me your eyes have been opened
That you’re reaping what you sowed
Tried helping you there
But from me you wouldn’t adhere
What’s incredible though, are the lessons you’ve learned
The heartaches and disappointments, your suffering and trials
Came from those to whom you were quite loyal
A loyalty they never earned.

You should have seen it coming
I gave it to you squarely
But from me you were to busy running
To acknowledge the truth fairly

Now you're backed in a corner, back against the wall
I can help you, you see, but you’re to stubborn to call
So I’ll stand here and watch as you fight a losing battle,
Until you’re exhausted and can’t sink any further
They told you the truths of the matter
Then they shut their doors
Life isn’t like you prattled,
You finally learned, and now you can see...
But, you’d heard it all before.

No comments:

Post a Comment