Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What It Means…



Many don’t know what it means to love and be loved because sin has pressed in and as a result so many are hurt. Bitter. Scarred. Frightened little children. In turn, they hurt those that love them mercilessly, embracing those who ‘enjoy’ them. It’s a vicious cycle of immaturity, and this cycle must stop. You’d think a hurt person would not want another to experience the same pain, but it’s not that way. Hurt people are miserable people, quickly demoted from adult to immature child by pain they may not have deserved. In essence, it’s a power thing. They hurt those that love them because they can. See, it’s a matter of fact that you can’t hurt those who don’t care, so the bruised ego and slipping self-esteem wreak havoc on the unsuspecting undeserving heart and mind. Oh, but time! In time they’ll reap all they’ve sown and perhaps even more since they know… how it feels to be used…lied to…led on….cheated on…..physically abused….emotionally neglected…..mentally beaten down…. they know it too well. And yet, they continue to cling to the imbecile thought processes their minds have created, where it's better to use than be used, play so they may not have to pay….deceive rather than love…..lie rather than be real. But that cost, that cost my dears, the cost for misusing another because they love you is steep… but you will have to pay. There will not be any IOUs, no credit, and nothing waived…simply what you have sown is what you shall pay…Reaping time is near. Beware.
I chose to stop the cycle. The buck stops with me. Been hurt before, used, abused, lie to and lied on, cheated and mistreated, left and betrayed, but I chose to let all that build me instead. Build me into an even better woman. And one day….one King will rejoice!
What it means to love and be loved? It means you are not an island unto yourself. It means your words and your actions you maturely take accountability for. It means being able to be in the ‘candy store’ but having the mental capacity to place yourself in check, to temporarily wear the other’s shoes and know that you’ve been trusted with another’s heart..and treat it as your own. It means compromise. It means communication. It especially means understanding that sometimes your partner may need from you what you’re not really prepared to give…but giving anyway.
Love is a two-way street though. You should not expect what you won’t give. Respecting the ‘friendship’ aspect and being real. If you’re not ready, moving aside and allowing a better man/woman to come in. There are many reasons people may not be ready, but the biggest reason is due to immaturity…the after effects of being with the wrong one(s).
I blog my thoughts to help in seeing, and seeing is healing. I don’t know if they’re read, but I hope I am able to help someone start their own journey to healing. Healing is so very important because we were all created to love and be loved. When love is in your heart and it is being exercised, then we can truly worship our Creator, in spirit and in truth. If we harbor bitterness and cause strife, especially hurting another, any worship is just lip service.
Lord, I love you so much! You created me with a heart that has withstood some ‘tests’, and you know even more than I know about it. Thank you for all you do, all you’ve done, and all you’re getting ready to do in my life. I embrace love. I ooze love. I am love. For that I thank you. And when I’m broken because of love, I know you can really use me. Use me, Lord. Use me up!  My desire is to be used by you. I have no clue the cost of my "Yes", but if what I’ve already seen is even close, my God! Strengthen me…but use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment