Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My Hope

I came to you broken, confused, abused,

I didn’t know what to do

You held me gently as I wept

Then you sat me on your knee and you told me:

My child, did I not tell you to cast your cares on me?

I already have the solution you need.

Did I not let you know that all those things work for your good?

Did I not say?

Don’t you know I have numbered the hairs on your head?

Do you believe any of this took me by surprise?

My child, I love you, and I will never forsake you.

Man will always fail you and let you down,

But what I Will, do you not know it will be done?

I stopped crying for a moment and offered up a heartfelt thanks, then took it away when I said ‘but’…

You stopped my tirade, before I could start and lovingly told me..(it went to my heart)…Listen my daughter, you must not doubt, what I have

ordained I will manifest- have I yet said and then have not done?

I’m a jealous God, I will not come second! If you want what I have for you then I must be your first joy!

That trouble you’re facing, it’s only a test- how much do you want MY will for your life? I have not taken my hand from your little situation,

it’s all in my timing, my timing’s not yours and yours is not mine.

Now cheer up my dear daughter, I have not forgotten my promise

I will fulfill it in time, a time when you’re both ready.

Go, do as I have commanded, hold against no man any naught, vengeance is mine…I WILL REPAY

I looked upon His glory one more time, steadied myself and dried my eyes

My Father had spoken,

I knew I’d be fine,

and when the time was right,

what HE’d promised would be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment